Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Anand Jon gets 59 years for sex crimes

"If you are going to put me away, do it for the right reasons," he had implored. "Judge, this is my life here." But Wesley was unimpressed with Jon's arguments of juror misconduct, even though, Jon's family pointed out, there was lack of medical evidence and much of the prosecution case depended on the testimony of the alleged victims, who, they said, were trying to exploit the system for fame and money.

The young women, three of whom spoke at the sentencing, had a different story to tell. "I was 14. You took my adolescence, my trust, my dream and completely manipulated them for your sexual desires," said one, who is now 17. "It sickens me that a grown man can do such a thing to a girl. A girl who was naive and had the belief that all people were good. And you took that to your advantage."

That was around the time, the prosecution charged, Jon took advantage of his growing profile to entice young women over the internet with promises of modelling assignments and jobs.

No comments: